Photo Credit: Invicta FC
Invicta FC 27 took place January 13th from The Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Missouri. In the night’s Main Event Sarah Kaufman displayed superior striking in taking a decision from Pannie Kianzad. Kianzad showed guts in trading with her but Kaufman controlled throughout. In the Co-Main Event, Vanessa Porto confirmed she’s the top contender in the flyweight division making quick work of Mariana Morais, getting the first round submission. Here are all your results and our Of The Night Awards.
1. Strawweight: Helen Peralta (1-0) defeated Jade Ripley (0-1) via TKO at 2:22 of Round 1.
2. Atomweight: Loma Lookboonmee (1-0) defeated Mellissa Wang (1-1) via Unanimous Decision (29-27/29-27/29-26). We scored it 29-27 Lookboonmee.
3. Strawweight: Mallory Martin (2-2) defeated Tiffany Masters (2-2) via TKO at 3:36 of Round 2.
4. Featherweight: Felicia Spencer (4-0) defeated Akeela Al-Hameed (0-1) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/30-27/30-27). We scored it 29-28 Spencer.
5. Flyweight: Brogan Walker-Sanchez (5-0) defeated Cheri Muraski (4-1) via Split Decision (29-28/28-29/29-28). We scored it 29-28 Muraski.
6. Atomweight: Ashley Cummins (6-4) defeated Stephanie Alba (3-2, 1NC) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/30-27/30-27). We scored it 30-27 Cummins.
7. Strawweight: Sharon Jacobson (5-2) defeated Ashley Nichols (3-2) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/29-28/29-28). We scored it 29-28 Jacobson.
8. Flyweight: Vanessa Porto (19-8) defeated Mariana Morais (12-6) via Tapout (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:19 of Round 1.
9. Bantamweight: Sarah Kaufman (19-4) defeated Pannie Kianzad (8-3) via Unanimous Decision (30-27/30-27/30-27). We scored it 30-27 Kaufman.
Submission of the Night: Vanessa Porto
Knockout of the Night: Mallory Martin
Fight of the Night: Felicia Spencer vs Akeela Al-Hameed